Supply Chain Management Systems (SCMS)
SCMS brings together 16 private sector, nongovernmental, and faith-based organizations in a coordinated response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic. The program was established to collaborate with in-country and global partners to ensure a reliable, cost-effective, and secure supply of high-quality medicines and health products for HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment.
The Manoff Group fields the SCMS communications team, which is noted for strategic thinking, flexibility, and responsiveness. The team has evolved with the project, initially providing materials to introduce and promote SCMS, then providing more sophisticated products and training to headquarters and field staff as the project has grown. Manoff Group staff currently provide strategic direction and tools to ensure consistent and high-quality information, communication, and presentations across 16 global project offices and among more than 300 staff and numerous clients and stakeholders.
The SCMS Communications team focuses their activities within three key areas:
- Spearhead efforts to develop and implement the SCMS Intranet as a global knowledge sharing portal.
- Lead development of the program’s website, including management of consultants and in-house technical staff. Responsible for overall website concept, design, development, and implementation of interactive features including the community membership program, online resource center, and interactive forums.
- Publish and distribute internal and external e-newsletters for clients and staff.
- Plan and prepare for participation in global conferences including the PEPFAR Implementers’ Meeting and International AIDS Conference (12 abstracts accepted for presentation since 2007).
- Develop materials and train staff on project branding and marketing—including logo and visual identity guidelines, informational materials, and messaging—as well as client relations, effective presentations, and photography guidelines.
- Improve usability of client-facing materials and tools (including web-based Client Center and price quote, lab specification, and other forms).
- Provide coaching and support to field office staff in strategic communications and client relations, event planning, reporting, and other communications activities.
- Lead development of a new training program for staff on procurement of HIV/AIDS commodities and other key skills.
SCMS is funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief and is one of the largest programs ever administered by USAID. The project team is led by the Partnership for Supply Chain Management, a nonprofit organization established by JSI and MSH.